Monday, July 10, 2017

Charis Road Intro


"Tune my heart to sing thy grace."
~ from Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing


Welcome to my new blog!
  For those who are new, thanks for dropping by.  For those who followed my previous blog, thanks for sticking with me all this time.

So, who am I?  I am a wife (married 18 years) and mom to two spunky kiddos (currently 11 and 12).  I am a former foster parent (turned adoptive mom).  I am also a teacher, certified in both elementary & special education.  I taught in private school for 6 years, stayed home with my kids for 6 years, and then returned in 2012 to teach at the public school my kids were attending. 

Through all of this, God has given me a passion for helping churches and Christian schools to better serve individuals with special needs and their families.  Many might assume that this calling came about after my kids came along (due to their medical concerns).  However, this desire surfaced well before they entered the picture.  It came about during those first years of teaching in a private, Christian school, as there were not sufficient services to assist students with learning differences, medical concerns, or physical challenges.  I won't go into the full story at this time, but if you'd like to know more, you can read one of my previous posts here.

For some time now, this calling has been simmering, waiting on God's perfect timing.  But recently, there has been a cloud (or two) on the horizon - signs that I may soon be able to live out the calling that I've been so passionate about all these years.  And that is what's led me to start a new blog.  I'm hoping to share with all of you not only my life and musings but also my journey along the path to which He has called me, in hopes that it will help others who follow a similar path.

Charis is the Greek word for grace.  It was a word that God placed in my thoughts some time ago.  I can't remember when it began really.  Thus, the title for the blog - Charis Road.  Journaling my journey along this path of grace.  It is only by His grace that I've made it this far, and it's only by His grace that I continue.  I am an imperfect person who is thankful for, amazed by, and in need of His grace daily.


Janel

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Christmas Calendar

This week, I finished up the annual Christmas calendar. Ten+ years ago, we started making calendars for the grandparents every Christmas, us...